Hey guys! Tomorrow is Randy's birthday so I got us Harry Potter tickets for Friday night for his birthday before I remembered it was the night of book club! Dangit! I was going to bring The Help by Kathryn Stockett as a book that I loved. It's set in the 1960s in Jackson, Mississippi. It's about 2 black maids and one southern woman and the part they played during the civil rights movement. I seriously loved it. But I would recommend listening to it rather than reading it. The narrators did a great job and they really helped me to get into the book whereas I think I would have been distracted by the language if I had tried to read it. Based on your recommendations I also finished reading all the Jessica Day George books. I liked the dragon series the best, the others were ok. I finished The Keys to the Kingdom series which I thought was only ok. I read Eat, Pray, Love which I mostly liked. I especially enjoyed the spiritual journey which has made me contemplate how much effort I put into my own spiritual journey. I'm listening to Shantaram at work right and I like it so far but Margaret didn't mention it was as thick as the bible so it might be a while before I finish it. Please post the books you guys liked so I can continue to read great stuff instead of random crap I pick up off the shelves. I'll miss you guys but see you next month!!!
Love ya,
Mindy
No comments:
Post a Comment