We discussed the future of the book club and made a change to our book club schedule. We've decided that we will have an open forum every three months, we will have an activity every three months and we will have a normal book club every three months. From the open forum we will choose a book to discuss, the following month we will have an activity and then have the discussion of the book the month following the activity, this will give us time to get the book and read it before discussing it. I think that this will make for a fun and exciting schedule for our book club.
We will be starting this new schedule immediately. Since we had our open forum this month, in May we will have an activity, then in June we will discuss the book we chose this month which is Saints by Orson Scott Card.

May 14th we will be going to Settebello, an Italian restaurant downtown about 260 S 200 W, for our activity. We neglected to discuss a time for this activity. There are a couple options; we could meet at 6:00 pm and go to dinner, or we could meet at 7:30 pm and go for dessert. What would be your preference? Please comment or email (respond to all if you reply to the email) so we can know what the majority wants to do. Thanks.
2 comments:
Jen, I'm not sure how to reply to all. I need a little tutoring it seems.
Anyway. . .my actual preference is to do dinner, but my practical preference is dessert. Unfortunately, it's a splurge to come up with the dough for dinner, but to add babysitting on top of it--.
Anyway, if the majority wants to go for dinner, I'll try extra hard to get Lou home in time to save the extra cost of a babysitter. If he doesn't make it, I guess I'll just have to suck it up! :)
I would prefer dinner.
Post a Comment