Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Book Club This Week

This Thursday, August 21st is book club

7:30 pm @ Mindy's house

Jessica will submit

We will discuss Brainiac, by Ken Jennings (or Breaking Dawn)

September's book is The Screwtape Letters, by CS Lewis at Angela's house.

4 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

Hey guy's! Jason's dad is very sick right now and they don't expect him to live to the end of the week..... sad news I know! Sorry to drag ya down but I won't be coming to book club for obvious reason's. I will submit via this comment though! The books I am submitting I don't know a lot about I just know that my sis-in-law recommended them and they sounded interesting as she was describing them to me! So, the first book is Tuesday's with Morrie by Mitch Albom, I also want to submit The 5 people you meet in heaven by the same author. I also thought Papa Married a Mormon by John Dennis Fitzgerald sounded interesting. Sorry it isn't a huge selection but given I usually only read the books suggested by my book club (ha ha ha) I am at limited resources! Let me know what you think and I will post if and when we will be having a funeral. Love you all! Jess

LouandAngela said...

Sorry to hear about Jason's dad. We went through that with Lou's dad in 2003. We're too young to be losing parents, but I guess it's a part of life--just not a very fun part.

I've read all 3 of your book submissions and enjoyed them all. I think Papa Married a Mormon was my favorite.

jen1313 said...

Sorry to hear about Jason's dad. I know how that feels.

Since Angela has read all of them, maybe she could help us with the selection of the books at book club. What do you think?

The Bronson Bunch said...

Just wanted to let you know that Jason's dad did pass away this afternoon. He went very peacefully. Thanks for your prayers!

Let me know what book everyone liked the best!